Esther has been working with Christian Youth charity XLP since September 2010. She has a placement with us one day a week. Here's a quick update from her and something you might like to go to on 5th February.XLP's main emphasis is on young people so I spend most of my time in schools around Tower Hamlets doing Christian unions, lesson support, assemblies and a range of other things. I also have a placement with E1 Community Church in Shadwell where I help with their youth group and various outreaches. One of the biggest events of the year is the Arts Showcase, over this period we get to see the talent that the young people of Tower Hamlets have to offer. We pick the best of these and in June the best of all the boroughs compete in a West End theatre. This year is a brilliant opportunity to get to know the East End and next year I hope to start at the University of East London.
The XLP showcase will take place on Saturday 5th February at 7pm at Toynbee Studios, 28 Commercial Street, E1 6AB. Cost £4. More details from Esther.
No comments:
Post a Comment