Monday, July 13, 2009

Junior Soldier

From time to time in the hope:asha community individuals choose to make a public commitment and become members of The Salvation Army in Stepney. This is something we always like to celebrate as it means that someone is wanting to publically declare that they will do their best to follow the example of Jesus and orientate their lives around Him.

A couple of weeks ago, Henry, became our first Junior Solider. This is the promise he made: 'Having asked God for forgiveness, I will be his loving and obedient child. Because Jesus is my Saviour from sin, I will trust him to keep me good, and will try to help others to follow him. I promise to pray, to read my Bible and, by his help, to lead a life that is clean in thought, word and deed. I will not smoke, take harmful drugs or drink alcoholic drinks.'

We think it's pretty cool that he made this promise and in return we promise to do our best to support him to live it out.

1 comment:

Heather's place said...

God Bless Henry, his family and Church.

Loving reading your stuff.

Heather